Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Today at School...

The Weekly Theme: Asia

Dylan:
Learned how to say "hello" in Chinese ("ni hao")
Made a stick puppet!
Enjoyed looking at and trying to pop bubbles outside.

Teacher note: The bubbles made Dylan smile. She was also trying to do push ups!

(Dylan is crawling, but it is totally an army crawl. She will prop up and gear up for a full crawl, but then plops down into her army crawl. I'm not sure if she'll do it or not. She seems to prefer to stand! She is doing much better and building strength, I think she'll be racing Brynn soon!)

Brynn:
Also learned how to say "hello" in Chinese. Her teacher told us she had everyone saying it! (Brynn likes to watch "Ni Hao, Kai-Lan" on Nickelodeon!)
Made a paper dragon!
Her class read "The Boy Who Painted Dragons"
They talked about who likes Chinese food and what they like. Brynn said she likes "chili rice" (not sure what she means by this!) LOL

Teacher note: During outside playtime Brynn pretended to be chased by blueberries.

(I asked her about this during dinner - and told her she was silly - and she said, "I WAS PRETENDING!!!")

Tomorrow is the last Water Wednesday of the year. Every Wednesday during the Summer we send her swimsuit and they play in the water and water games during their outside time. Brynn loves it.

On Friday, Brynn, Tara, Nicholas and I will be enjoying a day at Kings Island. We have been keeping a calendar in Brynn's room to count down the days. She is very excited and it will be her first trip there. When you ask her about it she will tell you that there are rides and pools there... and she usually screams too. When we passed K.I. on our way to Alicia and Shawn's a few weeks ago, she was amazed at what she saw from the road and asked if she could go. We are also counting down to the next weekend when the girls will spend time with their Mimi and Pap! Jason and I will be spending some time with Chad, Renee and the girls and Jonny and Elizabeth in NC.

We are sad that the Summer seems to be going by so fast, but really glad the humidity is easing up!

1 comment:

Liesl said...

i LOVE the blueberries story! that's hilarious! i can just hear her: "i was pretending!" Hope you and B and Tara and Nico have a great time at KI!!!